Monday

Coming soon: 

Tomorrow will be one month since this project began. I plan to put together some analysis of the crashes, including a map of the states/towns where they occurred. But it takes a few days for accidents to filter through Google, so I may not be able to get the analysis up on the site until Friday.

We passed the 100 fatality mark this morning, and there are still a few weekend crashes to input. Even with that number, I know I am missing a lot of crashes. One came through this morning that happened at the end of August, so there tends to be a lag sometimes on Google and Nexis. And there are places in the country that still don't have an online newspaper or local TV station covering the crashes. I hope to start working with an insurance company soon to get more complete data.

No comments: